Published: 30-06-2014 photo #20752 1 comments 0 votes
Photographed in the RAF Museum, Hendon, on 3 May 2014. C/n 10639. Built in Leipzig in September 1942 and ferried to Libya, North Africa, where it entered service with 8/JG77 and was damaged in combat a few days later. It was flown to Gambut Main for repair but captured essentially intact when this airfield was overrun. It was extensively tested and evaluated before being shipped to the UK where the serial RN228 was allocated. With civilian registration G-USTV, and following a crash at Duxford in 1997 it was decided that it should be rebuilt to static display standard and arrived at the RAF Museum in March 2002.