Published: 25-03-2018 photo #23045 0 comments 0 votes
Photographed at the RAF Museum, Cosford, Shifnal, Shropshire on 4 March 2018. Built between 1983 and 1987 to original manufacturers’ drawings by Don Cashmore in Nottinghamshire. The constructor’s number is PFA/112-10892 and a 165 hp Warner Scarab 7-cylinder radial engine was installed.
It briefly flew on 21 June 1987 at Hucknall, with the serial C4912, which had been carried by an M.1C serving with 150 Sqn, in Salonika.
The Scarab engine was soon removed and the aircraft was sold in August 1987 to the RAF Museum as the builder and owner had always intended. It first went to the RAF Museum RC&RC at Cardington , where an original 112 hp Le Rhone rotary engine was fitted and the serial and Red Dragon markings of an instructor flying the RFC Training School aircraft C4994 in 1917-18.
It went to the RAF Museum Hendon on 12 December 1989 where it was displayed in the main aircraft hall until 2003, after which it was moved to the newly resited Grahame White Factory building that December. In December 2014 it went on display at Cosford, as shown here.
See also picture 18304.