Published: 23-05-2008 photo #5278 1 comments 0 votes
Seen at La Ferte Alais on 14 May 2005, this aircraft was built (c/n 6S/585110) in 1945 as a Spitfire Mk XIX reconnaissance aircraft and by 1951 was with 51 Sqn in Singapore. Purchased by Ed Maloney in 1962, it was rebuilt as a static exhibit in 1968. Sold to Steve Hinton in 1989, it was restored to airworthiness with an Avro Shackleton Griffon engine rated at 1,960 hp, complete with contra-rotating propellers. The registration at the time the photograph was taken was F-AZJS.