Published: 31-10-2008 photo #6971 1 comments 0 votes
Nose art, photographed on 29 July at the Air Combat Museum, Springfield, Illinois. C/n 108-47749.
Delivered to USAAF as 45-8898, 19??.
H.H. Coffield/Rockdale Flying Service, Rockdale, TX, Aug. 1959-1983.
- Registered as N3681G.
- Open storage, unconverted, Rockdale, TX, 1960-1983.
- Sold at auction, Oct. 15, 1983.
Carl Scholl/Aero Trader, Chino, CA, Oct. 15, 1983.
- Trucked to Ocotillo Wells, CA for storage.
Vern Raburn/Binary Warriors Inc, Weston, MA, Nov. 1985-1997.
- Registered as N898BW.
- Trucked to Kissimee, FL for rebuild.
- Used center section of 44-28765/N9443Z.
- First flight 1988.
Donald J. George, Springfield, IL, July 2, 1997-1999.
Mike George/Warbirds Inc, Springfield, IL, Apr. 8, 1999-2002.
- Flies in RAF camouflage as "Axis Nightmare".
TriState Warbird Museum, Cincinatti, OH, 2004-2005.